Monday, June 20, 2011

"Sow an action, reap a habit"

Oh my goodness!  Everyday, I have the worst, most annoying impulses (also known as habits)!  For instance, I don't like it when people say "Oh my God," so I always have to mouth or say out loud, "Oh my gosh."  Or, I have to mouth things I think or hear.  Ugh.  And just the other day, I was talking to my friend; this is our conversation:
"I'm sorry," he said.
"Lol it okay," I said.
Then I corrected myself saying, "Its*"
"Wow echo.  Grammar" he mocked.
"Yes grammar :) it is a good/annoying impulse lol" Finished.
So, pet-peeves are awful, but can be very good.  Also, tonight, I had a piano lesson.  Something I do a lot, is use the pedal (lifting it) by ear (when the song calls for it obviously).  For example, I played "I Celebrate the Day" by Relient k all by ear; it turned out very good :); no mugginess.  But, lifting it multiple times in a measure isn't always the best, especially when the baseline disappears when you lift it.  Right now, I am learning "Missing" by Evanescence, and in the first half of the first verse, it's okay to lift the pedal multiple times because you keep having to change the baseline anyway.  But, the for the rest of the verse, the baseline doesn't change nearly as much as I like, so I have to change it once at the beginning of every measure.  Oh, it frustrates me so!  GRRRRRRRRRRR..... What other habits do I have...hmmmm?  Oh yeah, I like doing weird stretches with my hands when I play the piano.  My teacher says that is just makes it harder and it hurts, but it doesn't hurt for me, and when I play her way, it frustrates me 'cause I can't get it!  "Old Habits Die Hard" by Ten Second Epic.
I really hate habits, especially when you don't notice them and others do, which then makes me self-conscious when people who have noticed them tell you about it.  Yes, this has happened to me.  My friend, the one who had the conversation with me, told me I "grab" my nose when I am nervous or uncomfortable... Well guess what, it's true... And he makes sure to stare at me with wide eyes and stares at me with a great smile on his face which then makes me laugh and uncomfortable, so I fidget while I try not to hold my nose, but I always cave-in and grab it.  Did I mention I blush to the tip of my nose sometimes when this happens?  -_- Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment