Thursday, July 7, 2011

Facts For Today

Well, today I won't be able to end today writing, so I will start the day by doing so.  Since my day has only just begun, and my day will be the same with dance, but different because it will be for four hours and I will be going to a birthday afterwards, I suppose I will just write a couple random facts down.  So, the only thing that is for sure about what I will have for dinner, is a Boca Bruschetta burger :) (my mom is too)!  Well, here ya' go!
  • "British research shows that a child's IQ predicts his likelihood of becoming a vegetarian as a young adult. You guessed it: the smarter the child, the more likely he'll eventually shun meat."
  • "Plants yield 10 times more protein per acre than meat."
  • "Irish step dancing is often performed to music that is in 2/4, 4/4 or 6/8 time, depending on whether the music is a form of "jig," "reel," "hornpipe" or another type of music."
  • "Many foot movements of softshoe dances seem similar to Scottish country dancing, while some hardshoe dances more closely resemble flamenco style dancing. The movements and positions of hardshoe dancing are much more restrictive than those of the more fluid flamenco style, though, and hopping is far more prevalent. Unlike most softshoe dancing, hardshoe dancing involves rhythmic and very fast striking of the floor with the tips of the shoes."
  •  "Odontophobia is the fear of teeth."
  • "Ice Cream is Chinese food."
  • "A chocolate contains caffeine, but you will have to eat more than a dozen of chocolate bars to obtain the same amount regarding caffeine from a cup of coffee."
  • "Chocolate is truly a valuable energy resource. A single chocolate chip provides enough energy with an adult human to be able to walk 150 feet."
  •  "One ounce of chocolate or cocoa contains 10% with the daily recommended ingestion of iron."
  • "47% Americans for whom the word “comforting” comes to mind when they think of pie."
I need to go now, but I hope you found these interesting!  I know I did :).

No comments:

Post a Comment