Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It is a success!

The Pumpkin Sage Pasta is still amazing two days later!  And it just keeps getting better!  Seriously, I think the flavors are definitely still coming together.  Yummm.  Today I had it for dinner with some bread on the side, and  I ate it with the pasta on top.  :) GRRRRRReat!  Hehe
So today I finished Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, and it was obviously sad.  Not a happy, "fairytale" ending like we all hoped the kid, Chris McCandless had.  It is a shame... Anyway, I very much suggest reading it and I plan to watch it over Christmas break.  :D
Ah, tomorrow is the last day of school for a whole week.  A week, which includes the following: cooking, reading, TV, computer/blogging ;), Christmas, Church, Family, MA, Boston...but no horse :(
Oh, wait!
Two of my amazing friends, Keira and I think I called the other one Cathleen...? gave me a combined Christmas present that contained 2 Now Or Later Candy Canes - the grape one made me look "evil" apparently or so claims another friend named "Mac," and it turned my lips, teeth, and tongue nice and purple!  They also gave me a Starbucks card, and probably the one gift that I truly wanted: A stuffed horse!
His name is Honeycomb and is a Palomino horsey.  AWWW when I went back to my locker, I was like to Keira, "This horse is like giving me a sugar-high." and she just rolled her eyes and said, "Wow."

That was like the highlight of my day.

Now, on the Yahoo! homepage, there was an article about Japanese Shirataki Noodles; the almost-no-calorie, low carb, easy fiber, noodle.  It looks delicious and I have found a Vegan-friendly recipe!  Oh, goodness, I really want to try it!  It is from Vegetarian Times and it looks easy, simple, and delicious!  I will try it after Christmas or get the ingredients after this next food shopping errand.

Next thing on today's agenda, is a new recipe!  You have probably already tried this, but I will post it anyway :) because it is so good.  This recipe has been my breakfast or snack the past few days.  I just threw it together and voila!

Ingredients:
Vegan Chocolate Chips
Uncooked/Raw Rolled Oats
Cinnamon
Banana (1) - assuming this is a good sized banana

Directions:
Mash banana in a bowl.
When done, add the amount of cinnamon you want and mix together thoroughly.
Then, Put in the amount of Chocolate Chips you want, and do the same.
Now, finally, add the amount of oats and mix.
Eat and enjoy!

It really is good.
                                                              Honeycomb <333
                                    This was the best picture I could take yesterday of the oatmeal

Oh my goodness!  So today is a very good day for both my mom and I.  The food and friends for me, her job and other stuff...?  :)
Anyway, she just said that she met someone who knew someone who works for a local horse therapy.  My mom told her that horse therapy might be something I want to do one day.  Now, even though not with disabled kids and stuff - since that makes me a little uncomfortable, I am still wanting to give it a shot.  Maybe I will like it :) I hope so.

Oh yeah, so she said that I could help out there.  So there are three different jobs: Fund raising, walking beside the horse, or leading the horse.  Ahhhhhhhh this is very exciting.  As much horse experience as possible!  Psychotherapy is one of the things kids have here; seems to be the thing I want to do.  Cool.

:D Also, my dad's turkey blind and box caller came today.  So cool.

Anyway, have a good night!
(BTW "My horses are my friends, not my slaves."
     "In riding a horse, we borrow freedom."                                    "Horses change lives.  They give our young people confidence and self esteem.  They provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls - they give us hope!"



No comments:

Post a Comment