Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving - Part 2

Well I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!  I know I did :)
For Thanksgiving, I made stuffing and cornmeal biscuits.  Sadly though, the biscuits tasted awful!  To me at least, but my dad was supposed to try it today with butter.  Also, the better part of Thanksgiving, was that a lot of my family (all of which are meat-eaters) took some of the stuffing I made and they liked it, if not loved it!  It really was fantastic even though it wasn't that pretty :) So here's the goods:

Cornmeal Biscuits
http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/maple-cornmeal-biscuits/

Note: I used at least 3 3/25 of cold bananas because the pebble-like dough wasn't appearing. They were bitter.

Vegan Stuffing
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/vegan-stuffing-meat-eater.html

Note: Best stuffing ever!  Seriously!  I doubled it, and added maybe 14 ounces of mushrooms, 1/3 cup of pine nuts which I smashed.  Also, while the rice was cooling, I added some of the celery, mushrooms, pine nuts into the rice while the rest went into the bread mixture.  I did the stuffing in only a few hours.  It still tasted great!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment