Thursday, February 16, 2012

Two More Days

Anyone see the Grammys??
Just saying, Deadmau5 was great :) Foster the People was funny.  Maroon 5? That was not their best.

Saturday is the feis.  Ready?  I will be in my new dress and will dance two soft shoe: Reel and Slip Jig and two hard shoe: Jockey to the Fair and Treble Jig.
Excited, not nervous.  Yet...
I made CCK Nutella again so we can make sandwiches for dinner tomorrow at our hotel and then I wanted to make Soft Molasses Cookies from Happy Herbivore but... no white beans.
So here's a recipe that is a combination of two HH recipes: Soft Molasses and Spiced Chocolate Muffins. (remember those delicious cutie muffins?)

The Mistake Muffin
Makes 5 Muffins

1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger (maybe a little more to override bitterness)
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (maybe a little less for a less bitter taste)
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. nondairy milk (I used (unsweetened/original Almond Milk)
1/2 - 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix and bake for 15 minutes.  Maybe a little more, I lost track of time.

So I messed up and didn't check for beans because I was too lost humming "Raise Your Weapon"  by Deadmau5.
Sigh.
They were slightly bitter, but I would make them again but maybe with more spice or less cocoa.
They were small but sweet :)
Just like I like em'!

Still sick :(
Missing Phantom again this week because I might be tired after the feis.
Hey, so I brought sugar cubes last week and now I can't find them!  Argh!
There was at least 100 cubes in this medium sized, bright colored box!
How can you lose sugar cubes?
Did some horse fairy (maybe a horse fly :) take them?
Sneaky.
Sigh, now I can't give them to anyone now :(
I am supposed to be riding a different horse sometimes to get a feel for another rhythm and stride.  Plus, Phantom is a good beginner lesson horse and I am one of the more advanced riders, so I suppose the other horse I am going to ride, who I believe is a little too small for me and my teacher does too, but his name is Mojo.

Lesson of the day:
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
I write this because when I last rode, two years ago, I still couldn't get trotting.  I had been over a jump once and I had never held a crop before!  Now though, I am back and stronger and better and love it all the more.
Anyway, maybe God has these things happen to us to stop us for a while so our bodies, especially our minds, because more capable to handle these things we learn.
I really feel that this is true because it has happened to me!  (As I said before).

I really love to ride.
I plan on working there at least two times a week next year to pay for lessons.
Maybe I'll start in the summer?

Dinner tonight is from Happy Herbivore!  

No comments:

Post a Comment