Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Um, excuse me...."

"You lost an earring," a little girl at dance practice told me yesterday.
It was so adorable!
Then later, as we were all leaving the studio, another girl came up to me and asked me if I only had one earring.
I said, "No, I just have three earrings."
Strange number, I know, but I only wanted an odd one.

Dance was yesterday for two and a half hours as the first practice for a big performance next weekend.  So excited!

We have practice a few more times this week and then have the last one on the day of the performance.

So last night I tried to cook myself a re-creation of a salad that I have yet to post.
I completely ruined it!
Yesterday was just not my day.
First off, as I cooked, I turned away to chop some cucumber then went back to the stove knowing the couscous was done.
The recipe next to it was burned.
Half of it.
Amazingly, all the notes and recipe instructions were still in tact, but not only was there charred paper flying around the granite counter, but I also charred a little bit of the wooden spoon I was using.
Uh-oh.

Then, when I was adding the mint to the salad, I took the lid off of the spice container and out is all came!
It was disgusting.
I tried to force it down, adding more salt and olive oil but that didn't help at all.
So I had some leftover chilled banana with some cinnamon and coconut flakes.
Dessert first.
Then, I had some leftover stir-fry my parents had.
Now, I love cashews in a stir-fry, and my parents had put shrimp in it, so I worked around it with a fork.
I selectively took out anything and everything I wanted with the four-pronged fork, and stuffed it into a little wooden bowl.
Sadly, to my lack of knowledge, I never saw the big, wooden spoon lying next to the wok.
....
How frustrating.
I could have saved myself  a lot of time.

Now for today.
So remember Splotches from last weekend?  Well, today I learned, once again, that his name is Happy.
Ugh, Happy is so annoying.  His full name is Splotches Rude Face Sugar Addict Happy.
Mouthful, yes.
S.R.F.S.A.H. tried to nip my face off (maybe that's being too dramatic).
He kept coming at me for a fourth sugar cube.
I had yet to give Phantom one.

Then, I went over to Big Red.
I scratched him a little, but left after being a little grossed out because someone had a runny nose...

My dad and I also met Mojo, the horse I should be riding soon.
Mojo was white and his upper lip was quite silly because it would jut out as he tried to nibble his way into our pockets where the sugar cubes were held.  But the only problem was that he was a good three inches too far from our pockets :P :).
Remember the black horse?  I forget what I called him, but his name is Token of My Affection.  Love that name.

Anyway, I tried to give Phantom a cube before I got on in hopes he'd have a sugar rush.
No.
Not even close.
He was just as lazy in the circles and crossing across the ring or riding down the center on a turn.
He also wouldn't keep the trot up.  I swear I was squeezing him the whole time and just as hard.
Besides him, it was really great.
Sigh, today I had the worst crop but I used it more than I ever had!
I wasn't angry, just a little annoyed.
I love him though...

As my instructor told me that I could get off as I brought him to a stop, I was so excited!
Not only was I still holding the crop as I got off, but she wasn't holding on to his bridle either!
I pulled something in my leg as I slid off.
Gr, I did not need that this week.
I mean it is better, but still, what if it hurt me all week?
Phew.
Sigh, maybe next week.
Phantom then got two more cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment