Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happiness Is...

I can't tell you guys how good everything has been lately!  The only downsides are: Not learning German in school and still living in the same place...
Anyway, there are so many highlights that it's just overwhelming!  Well, not to me, but to probably anyone who reads this.
For example, I'm in a completely new school and I love it!
My biology teacher is so cool.  She loves animals and she is a Boston native so I have plenty to talk about with her (even Chutters in Littleton, NH).
Furthermore, my goal is to finally learn how to canter and learn the basics of horse care while I am still at my current barn because I don't want to look like an idiot in a new place who doesn't know anything or is an amateur (I know I am, but still...).
Anyway, school's great.  So close to college! The feeling that it is just around the corner is exhilarating.
While I am at my current school, I might try to get into the University Program for the Medical and Science.  I know my plans for the future might change, but I truly hope they don't.  I am in love with the ideas I've had.  I am working so hard to reach them.  I want it right now so badly!
My idea: Major in Bio, minor in Pre-Vet and German or Literature.  (Lit. if I can do German outside of school).
TUFTS is the goal! Then Leipzig :) Yes, Germany...
I have even been looking into Study Abroad programs that I can do now, and I might want to do that maybe over a summer.
As you can see, school's exciting.
Moving on.
Veganism.
I do try not to talk about religion too much on this blog because I know it might turn some people away, but I must say, I have been blessed in so many ways!  And the opportunities that I am finding are abundant!
There are a few animal sanctuaries an hour or so away from my home, and I want to go to them.
There's a wolf preserve, wildlife sanctuary, and a few others.
Over the past few weeks, I just keep falling more and more in love with what I am becoming.
I love the idea of helping animals.  I feel like that is what I've been becoming my whole life.  Literally.
There are some petitions I'd like to sign with PETA, like the "No Harm To Animals In This Movie" or whatever, but I wish I didn't need to sign my name.  The government already knows my name anyway.
Also, I've been cooking a lot with steamed frozen veggies and I can create pretty good stuff if I do say so myself. (Recipes below)
Also, I honestly want to blog more.  I know I keep saying that, it's just that I am frustrated I can't share everything I eat and do with you!  But hopefully, I can do that soon.  Truly, I want to.
I am also trying to make this blog sound more my age, because I have been very disappointed with how I have written on this blog since the beginning because that is just not how I write.  It's embarrassing.

Stir-Fry 1
Needed :
Mixed (or not) Frozen Veggies (Peas, Carrots, Corn, Broccoli, Cauliflower, ect.)
Sesame and/or Peanut Oil or Chile Oil
Sriracha Sauce
Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Garlic sauteed in Olive oil or whatever oil that is listed above (optional)
Sauteed Spinach (optional)
Rice Cooked with Veggie broth

Steps:
Cook rice with veggie broth and sesame or peanut oil.
Meanwhile, steam frozen veggies.
Then, in a big bowl, put the salt, pepper, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame or peanut oil, and garlic.  After everything is done, put it all together and then make some more sauce.
Done.
Love this hot or cold.

Notes: If you put the sesame oil in with the rice with the veggie broth, put in the peanut oil in the mixture later (when you are putting it all together).  It adds a really nice nuttiness and I just love it!

Stir-Fry II
Needed:
Snow peas
Green beans
Lettuce
Roasted/Raw peanuts
Rice
Soy Sauce
Sriracha Sauce
Garlic
Ginger
Amy's California Veggie Burger
Celery
Steamed Broccoli
Scallions
Spinach

Steps:
Alright, chop everything (except rice :).  Cook the rice with veggie broth (as usual).  Then, saute garlic and ginger in sesame oil in a large skillet.  After, add celery and green beans and broccoli and the frozen veggie burger(s).  Then, add snow peas, lettuce, spinach, scallions.  Put the lid over the skillet and let steam until veggie burgers are light in color and everything is bright green.
Mix and add the peanuts.  They are so good together!

No comments:

Post a Comment