Saturday, September 15, 2012

Difficult

Currently, I am trying to persuade my parents to let me sign up with either/both the PETA2 Movement (the Street Team) and the American Humane Association.
My dad is more compliant than my mom but really thinks PETA is ridiculous.  I agree, for the most part, but a lot of what they do is good.  And he is the one who brought up the alternative with the American Humane Association.
I am even looking in the ASPCA.
Anyway, what really is biting at me is this story about the University of Wisconsin-Madison animal testing.
It killed this cat during their experiment...I didn't watch it, I just read the headlines. I couldn't get past it.
I have had cats all my life, and now it's hitting home that I don't want that to happen to animal or human!
My mom has this aversion to me joining the PETA2 for religious reasons.  I love my religion and I believe in it wholeheartedly, but I have my reasons for this.
God gave us animals to eat and use for ethical/living reasons (clothing).  PETA2 states animals don't belong to us.
Many vegans/vegetarians say this.
Today, one of these blogs I follow, was talking how no long-time vegan should live by diet alone.  The definition of vegan is to live without animal products and live by the diet also.  She said that since she is a "veteran" of being a vegan/vegetarian for 10 years, she has no excuse to be living with animal tested products, clothing, ect. in her life.
That isn't fair to say, but off topic.
Point is, I know God gave us animals to eat and use, but our world is getting worse, and pain towards living beings is becoming worse.
We are becoming numb to the little creatures whose voices we don't understand or hear.
And this testing, it kills me now...I am so offended that animal testing is allowed on a college campus!
It's just sad.
Animal testing is wrong.  Stop using chemicals that are harmful.  Then you wouldn't need to test things with such high death possibilities.
Let's not get started on factory farming either.
Overall, my reasons are simple: What I want to do, what I want people to know is, that we are doing stupid, stupid things.  Things that harm everyone.  People can't just turn a blind eye.  I know we all do it everyday, even to other human-beings, but we can't do that in our day and age.  It just makes our world worse.
There are these articles of vegan clothing out there that say things like "No one was harmed in the making of my food/clothing," but I laugh because many meat eaters are going to make fun, saying, "The plants were harmed.  They are living things!  Trees give you air!  Don't cut them down!" and things along those lines.
It isn't safe to wear those shirts, they just jeopardize what we are trying to say.  We make ourselves targets of the perfect, and true jokes.
I don't wish to be that vegan that wears shirt to stuff in your face.  I don't want to come off as an ass.
But there are some shirts I'd want to wear.  "Free for All" or "Eat Like You Give a Damn."  Things that aren't so harsh.
At least these shirts might spark up a nicer conversation.  Maybe the conversation would last longer before a fight.
Anyway, these are just some thoughts that have been going through my head all morning...The highlights of my day: One step closer to become an animal activist and maybe my house will sell today :) Oh! And I made a huge salad at Whole Foods!  I stuffed the box with anything and everything!  You wouldn't even think it would go together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment