Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Some New Things


First of all, I just want to say, that I am not going to elaborate on Nationals.  I am too sad.
Nationals was two days this year, and the first day was SO AWESOME! My school took home so many awards!  My ceili got 1st and our freestyle group got 2nd, but our school took home all places in the freestyle (all 5!).
Also, my hard shoes were still not broken in when I got to Nationals, but while I was backstage, waiting for our freestyle to be called, I scraped them on the floor and they worked perfectly!
That day couldn't have been better!
I also couldn't have felt more confident about the solos the next day.
...

Solo day.
I once again didn't eat really anything at all!
The day before I could only get half a banana down, if that!
Solo day, I had two Twizzlers and something else not very good - probably half a banana again...
Anyway, my number was 462.
I danced alone on solos.
As there were 13 girls in my category.
I don't understand why I didn't do well!
I thought I did VERY well in my reel and I thought I did good in my treble jig.
I do understand though, that I probably killed any chance of placing during my hornpipe.  I didn't have the right rhythm...I absolutely HATE live music.
The day before they had a computer playing music you'd hear in class, at the speeds you dance too.

So I went home crying.
I cried for these reasons:

  • We're expecting to move away from here; this could have been my last feis..even if right now that doesn't seem true sadly...Still praying fiercely. 
  • I wanted to be a Prizewinner.
  • I thought I had done well enough to have placed. 
  • All my practice for a Participating trophy! (I got others...but from groups...a group effort)
That's all I'm going to say.

On to some happier topics.

  • Raw pine nuts taste like the fat from bacon.
  • I have more cookbooks, plus pre- ordered others.
  • For the back to school shopping, all clothes will be organic! Maybe even my backpack, and def my makeup, ect. (except for riding gear).
  • This Sat. my parents and I will be going to Dover Saddlery a little ways from my home :) (I hope to get half chaps (I was looking at two Ariat ones), Kerrits Fullseat Supreme pants in tan so I can compete, and Ariat Heritage Medium Zip Tall Boots, and a new helmet (mine is SO ugly and useless...).  The helmet will be velvet or something that I can compete in. 
By the way, one of the classes I will be taking this next year or the next few, will be a cooking class! I am SO excited!

So that's it. 
P.S. 
Did I mention I am semi in the market for a horse? Once we move I can look more, even if I won't be getting one right away.  Oh! I saw one Warmblood that has the perfect names that I'd want for my own horse.
Show name: As You Wish
Name: Westley
As you can see, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie.
Anyway, the things I was looking for in a horse is the following: 
  • Warmblood
  • Gelding
  • Under 12 years old, preferably 11
  • 15.2 hands or higher
  • In this country
  • Has a good personality
  • Doesn't spook easily
  • Can jump, W/T/C
  • Healthy
  • Not an Appy.  (I don't want a horse going blind :( )
  • Likes a lot of attention 
So I know I am new to the horse market, and have 0 experience, but these were the things that I picked up on while exploring.





No comments:

Post a Comment